Sunday, February 10, 2013

fallen cakes, puppies, and a bridal shower

This week was a pretty normal one. Minus the fact that I had a huge baking failure. Well, not that most weeks include baking successes, but this one was especially sad. 

I had dreamed up this perfect red velvet cake I was going to make for my coworkers birthday. And if anyone deserved an amazing cake, this girl did. So I was on a mission to make an awesome 2 layer red velvet cake from scratch. Everything was going smoothly (minus the red food coloring that I managed to get everywhere) until I put it in the oven. And if fell! I blame it on the fact that I have no patience and our oven light is broken. I opened the oven too early and cold air got in and destroyed my cake. 

You can't tell by the picture, but the cake looked like the meteor creator. Oh I was so mad. So then I had to make cupcakes real quick... which didn't end up being that awesome. Let's just not talk about it.

the failure

This weekend we headed to Tremonton to see Nate's grandparent's. We stayed there Saturday night and just got back. We played some games and ate way too much good food. We also went to church with them at the nursing home. They are the branch president and relief society president over there and it was quite the experience. Church there was just slower than we were used to :)

Best part of church is that I got to play with this cute little puppy during it. The residents at this nursing home love the puppy. It seriously lives the life just running around and getting attention every where it goes. I can't wait till one day I'll have my own puppy... right nate?? ;)

Saturday Stephanie and I threw a little bridal shower for Annika who is getting married on Friday! President's day weekend is the ideal weekend for a wedding... but I'm not biased at all. I wish I could go but Nate and I will be doing our own celebrating for our one year. I know, I can't believe it's been one year already either. It's weirding me out.

Anyway... there's what's been going on. Surprisingly it's been harder to get back into this blogging thing than I thought.

But I am excited, this Thursday Nate and I are headed to Cali for a few days to celebrate that thing called a one year anniversary. We're pretty excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment